A Note About Advertising (Spam) on This Forum

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
epd68

RE: A Note About Advertising (Spam) on This Forum

Postby epd68 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:04 am

i get tracking bugs type malware from this site in addition to pop ups however they are easily removed

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:41 pm

ORIGINAL: Ben Sobieck

There's no problem talking about businesses. But I think most people know the difference between "You're looking for new boots? Biff's Boots has a sale right now" and "If you're in the market for new boots, be sure to check out Biff's Boots, the Internet's leading retailer of hunting footware."

To be truthful, I don't see much difference between the two, other than in the first the writer is tipping us off to a sale going on. To my way of thinking, the big difference comes in when the poster has a personal stake in the product being promoted.

I'm glad you're taking the bull by the horns in the, Ben. When the posters know you'll act, they're more likely to give you the head's up. Thanks.

By the way, I use the Mozilla Firefox browser, and never get any unwanted pop-ups.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:17 pm

Usually the SPAMMER will come on a site to pimp a product site and you never see him again .
Semper Fi !

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:32 pm

ORIGINAL: fasteddie

[size="3"][size="2"]Usually the SPAMMER will come on a site to pimp a product site and you never see him again.[/size] [/size]

Right you are. That's why I asked this last one a list of questions pertinent to some of the topics currently being discussed here.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:33 pm

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh , i'm still looking for the Web Address for "Biff's Boots" ! [:D]..[:D]..[:D]
Semper Fi !

Challenger

Postby Challenger » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:13 pm

ORIGINAL: fasteddie

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh , i'm still looking for the Web Address for "Biff's Boots" ! [:D]..[:D]..[:D]

Here it is: [color=#FF0033]www.biffsboots.com/biteme/html

Seriously tho, I'm glad Ben brought this up. We've all seen these creeps & it's up to all of us to PM or email Ben as soon as we see this.
[/color]
There are none so blind as those who will not see. Jonathan Swift, 1738

NRA Life Member

Ben Sobieck

Postby Ben Sobieck » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:43 am

Right, the real spammers typically aren't regulars of the forum. They hit it and leave.

And send me a personal check for those Biff's Boots orders...

buckfarmdude

Postby buckfarmdude » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:04 pm

I also use the Mozilla Firefox browser, and when I logged onto the site, I got a pop-up notification, but I didn't open it to see what it was.
Psalm 42:1 "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for Thee O God."

clfenimore

Postby clfenimore » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:07 pm

The pop ups I get from this site are linked to zedo.com ads if you dont close them they put cookies in your system. it's not just the D&DH media to buy D&DH books and such that I also get. I have to block or close the zedo.com everytime I get on the D&DH site or fourm. if it's linked or not linked to this server I havent investigated. I usually close or block it and move on.
If a man cant hunt when he's living how the hell will he hunt when he's dead

nateberly

Postby nateberly » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:59 am

I use Safari, and don't have any issues with popups.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions