Welcome North Carolina hunters!

moose_75

RE: Welcome North Carolina hunters!

Postby moose_75 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:16 pm

Looking for help or suggestions. Live in Raleigh, grew up in the mountains of NC. Havent done any hunting since I moved to Raleigh. My little brother is in the Air Force stationed in Washington State. He will be home on leave for a few days and wanted to go deer hunting. So we were looking for a place in Easter NC to hunt for a day. We would hunt the home place in the mountains but the season doesnt start there until after he goes back to activy duty. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chugbug

Postby Chugbug » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:38 pm

I live and hunt in Burke County, but also have a lease in Granville County.  The number of deer in Granville County always impresses me.  I mostly hunt during the muzzleloader season down there as I don't care to hunt while the dogs are running in the rifle season.  The deer numbers in Burke county seem to me to be down a little but the two buck limit seems to be helping the buck numbers.  In all honesty, I wish that we could have a buck tag per season/weapon.  Last year I got a decent buck in velvet with my bow early on and then only had one buck tag left for two muzzleloader seasons and a rifle season...but I guess that's the idea anyway.  Now my bow hunts are pretty much focused on does and does only.  I look forward to hearing from you guys as the 2009 season unfolds.  Happy hunting to all.

Hawgnman

Postby Hawgnman » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:56 pm

I have a hunt club in Warren County. Plus a spots in Franklin & Wake County
Grace Happens

Jim /*
http://www.racksnspurs.com/

gcgarner

Postby gcgarner » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:33 pm

I'm in Burke County. Not any monsters out here, but we have a few decent deer.

ChugBug, where are you from? I live in Morganton and hunt right in my own back yard, but I also hunt some land between George Hildebrand and South Mountain park.

Deadmann53

Re: Welcome North Carolina hunters!

Postby Deadmann53 » Sun May 12, 2013 6:35 pm

I had my first hunting season last year hunting around fort bragg. I failed epically, can anyone help me out so my wife and i can be at least slightly more successful next year

Jtyner67

Postby Jtyner67 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi guys wondering if anyone knows of any private landowners looking for people to hunt their land with bows or anything of the sort?

stillcallsmeson

Postby stillcallsmeson » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:13 pm

Jtyner67 wrote:Hi guys wondering if anyone knows of any private landowners looking for people to hunt their land with bows or anything of the sort?

I was wondering the same thing! Anyone know of any in the Onslow County area?

stillcallsmeson

Postby stillcallsmeson » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:51 pm

Let's see some North Carolina trail cam pics! I'm curious to see what everyone has been getting. Here's a couple of does from earlier in the week. Nothing special, but good to know the Moultrie is working!
Attachments
MFDC0370.jpg
MFDC0370.jpg (83.81 KiB) Viewed 1840 times

Previous

Return to North Carolina