goats in sd....

plan_b

goats in sd....

Postby plan_b » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:31 pm

any one in sd have any idea how the winter kill was in nw sd? antelope in particular... last year during archery was horrible. nice bucks but numbers were waaaaaaaaay down compared to the year before.... as far as im concerned any way ... but who am i .....

MN_Prairie_Prowler

RE: goats in sd....

Postby MN_Prairie_Prowler » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:43 am

Welcome plan_b.

I havent done much driving through SD lately. Except a month ago, my wife and I went to WY turkey hunting and we drove through the southern half of the state. We did see good numbers along the interstate.I have heard that the kill wasnt as bad as some had predicted. Some have said that the goats just migrated further south to where it wasnt as bad.

Last year we bowhunted the southern part and saw good numbers but not as many as the year before.

I know some of the other forums I visit discuss antelope hunting more than maybe this one.

Good luck.

plan_b

RE: goats in sd....

Postby plan_b » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:05 pm

glad to here that. it was pretty bad in 09 compared to 08 and 07. took the gf with me on her first bow hunt. we had fun. saw some goats, actually missed a nice 14" at 40! his chicks blew me in before the arrow got to him.dang broads!!!!! ow well. i mean from rapid city all the way to n.d. it appeared to be about 1/4 of what was there the year before. now game and fish have added 3 lope tags the past year or so and they dont think the count is down. we'll see this year!!

Return to South Dakota