A Note About Advertising (Spam) on This Forum

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Ben Sobieck

A Note About Advertising (Spam) on This Forum

Postby Ben Sobieck » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:09 am

The deeranddeerhunting.com forum is not the place to advertise, market or promote your business or service. These types of posts, known as spam, are not permitted and will be deleted by the Deer & Deer Hunting administrators.

Those interested in advertising with D&DH should contact me at Ben.Sobieck@fwmedia.com.

As this is a large forum, I need help from forum members to police for spam. Don't hesitate to contact me at Ben.Sobieck@fwmedia.com to report violations of this forum's spam policy.

Thanks and enjoy the forum.

paulie

RE: A Note About Advertising (Spam) on This Forum

Postby paulie » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:52 am

Hey Ben, I've been having an issue with popup ads!! For about the last five or six weeks, everytime I come onto the site, I get some sort of popup[:@]! I've sent two seperate emails to the "website question or comments" address but as of yet, I've gotten no reply! I'm not sure if this is the proper place to address this issue or not (if not, I apologize) but, it seems I was not getting anywhere with my emails!

passin through

Postby passin through » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:28 am

Ben--- I'm having the same problem Paulie is with pop ups coming from this site.  I have this listed as my home page and EVERY time I log on to the net now I get a pop up ad from this site.....its usually the same one but there have never been more than two different ones.  Is this something the D&DH site is doing now?  IMO this is something you need to fix b4 worrying too much about members advertising....some have been asking for a section to do that in legally for quite awhile.  Pop-ups are like telemarketers...nobody likes them and it would be a shame if you guys were intentionally allowing them through here now.

Rollin
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:43 am

Does that include mentioning companies we buy from?...Cause cooper seed has sweet spot on sale[;)]

JChurch

Postby JChurch » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:20 pm

it's not just this site I'm getting pop-ups everywhere I go

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:47 pm

I see some ads on here but I don't get the Pop-ups . I have "Pop-up Blocker" ..........
Semper Fi !

paulie

Postby paulie » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:17 pm

I have popup blocker too, but if I set to "block all" then certain windows wont open. I never had a problem with it until about six weeks ago. Like I said, I've sent two emails to the site (one about five weeks back and, one just last week) and as of yet, I have got no reply from them!! Of all the websites I frequent, there is only one other that I get popups on.

shadow

Postby shadow » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:34 pm

Set up your computers pop up blocker to block all pop ups. If you go to a site in which you want to view pop ups, just allow pop ups then from that site only.

MS... a good deal on sweet spot??  I got to look into that!

Ben, so by not allowing us to promote our bussiness does that mean I cannot mention that my wife's day care facility has a few openings in the toddler room?  Its in Conn., so it may be a long commute for 99.99% of you. [:D]
With all the deer you may have taken there holds in your memory a special place i'm sure for each one you killed.

Ben Sobieck

Postby Ben Sobieck » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:13 am

Yes, the pop-ups are controlled by Deer & Deer Hunting. The only advertisements you see on this forum should be through or from D&DH.

There's no problem talking about businesses. But I think most people know the difference between "You're looking for new boots? Biff's Boots has a sale right now" and "If you're in the market for new boots, be sure to check out Biff's Boots, the Internet's leading retailer of hunting footware."

Paulie, what e-mail did you send to? Anyone who needs a quick response should e-mail me at Ben.Sobieck@fwmedia.com.

paulie

Postby paulie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:19 am

I sent both emails to the link below, which was found under the "contact" tab in the upper right hand corner of the home page. If I have any further questions or concerns, I will use the address you just posted. Thanks.

WEBSITE QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS

Email: sitehelp@fwpubs.com

Next

Return to General Discussions